Photography Pre-Shoot Checklist
In today’s real estate market, nearly all homebuyers start their search online. Your home is about to go on display and needs to look its absolute best!
Your photo shoot will take about 30 minutes depending on the property size. All major furnished rooms of the house will be photographed including bathrooms. No unfinished areas or closets will be photographed unless otherwise requested by your agent. These are the perfect places to store items removed from photography session.
Below is a pre-shoot checklist to help you make your home look its very best:
- Both the Interior and Exterior should be ready for photos when the photographer arrives.
- The photographer will not be staging your home so ask your agent for staging advice.
- Remove all vehicles from driveway and move trash containers into garage or pull to curb.
- Make sure all beds are made and bedrooms are picked up.
- Remove all magnets, schedules, calendars, etc. from the refrigerator.
- Turn off all ceiling fans. Turn on all lights including overhead lights and table lamps.
- Check all light fixtures for burned out bulbs and replace any that are burnt out.
- Check bathroom towel racks. Arrange towels in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Please place pets in a comfortable pet carrier and place them in a comfortable room that will not be photographed such as the basement or laundry room.
- Make sure the grass is cut and trimmed for great curb appeal.
- Clean off and arrange outside furniture to highlight the outside living area.
- Sweep or spray off driveway, sidewalks, decks and patios so it looks clean and inviting.
Making these small changes will mean a world of difference in SELLING your home!